Friday, March 2, 2012

Army Girl

Army girl was one of the hardest pieces I've ever done.  I don't like to do people, but I pushed myself.  All of this is acrylic paint. My inspiration was my cousin Bailey who is in the army.  She gives me courage and pushes me forward.  I wanted to keep things in a gray scale because I wanted the flag to be a main focus.  I believe this was successful; I'm proud of my art work.  The only thing I would like to fix is the background.  The hardest part of all was matching the colors and doing the digital camo.

7 comments:

  1. I love how you used the blue and red to stand out against the gray! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the flag (still my favorite part) and especially on her jacket. The only thing is that her bun (I think you put that in there) blends in with the smoke in the background so I think you should have done something to make the bun be more defined so it wouldn't look like it's part of the smoke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. actually i didn't put the bun in bc you can't see it in the picture

      Delete
  3. I really like this. I enjoy how you use the flag in the background, but only parts of it to create a border. I would say though that you could use more shading and gradients in the face to make it look more realistic. Over all though this look really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. actually i completely agree. it's still kinda work in progress for me. so i'm working on the shadow of the face. thank you though!

      Delete
  4. i think this turned out really good, but i wish you had put more shadows in her face.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this piece because you didn't just pick some random person and snap a picture. It actually has meaning to you.

    ReplyDelete